A hands-on course on designing, planning, writing and managing content in the digtial space for a leading women's college in Bangalore.
I've designed and teach an undergraduate course on
Content Design, Development and Strategy for the Web and an annual lecture series on
Shifting from Print to Digital Journalism+Publishing.
I conceptualised these courses for students with almost no work experience. This keeps me constantly re-examining my own work with a strong focus on the basics.
Content Design, Development and Strategy for the Web: Course Outline
- Design Thinking
- Content Design and Strategy
- Content Management Systems (CMSs) and Content Types
- Editorial Policies and Content Maintenance
- Communicating with Clients
- Content Audits
- Agile Practices
- User Personas and User Needs
- Feedback Loops and Reiterative, Continuous Development
- Non-Linear Narratives
- A Glimpse into Identity and Branding
- Style and Style-guides
- Wireframes and Responsive Design
- Adaptive Design and Accessibility
- Landing Pages
- Ways to Make Content Readable
- Basic Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Basics of Coding